Re: Forward to a friend

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Forward to a friend

I'm looking to implement the 'forward to a friend' functionality across a number of our email templates. I've sent myself a test but I'm receiving the below error once I filled in my 'friends' details - any ideas why this may be?

I've followed all steps outlined in the product docs 'Forward to a Friend Link' in Emails - Marketo Docs - Product Docs  and sent myself the email through a smart campaign rather than just a 'sample' email.

pastedImage_3.png

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ellie,

the way you describe it, it seems you did correctly, so you might want to contact support.

-Greg

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Thanks Greg - will do

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Ellie,

Forward to a Friend does not work on test emails sent via Send Sample.  In order to test it, you will need to send yourself the email via a run action or Smart Campaign.

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Hi Roxann - I did send this through a smart campaign rather than a sample email.

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Ellie,

I see that now.  Sorry about that - reeding is hrad.  I'd be happy to look into this for you if you'd like to provide a link to the email you were testing in your instance.

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

No problem, thanks Roxann. Support have now resolved this for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ellie,  was wondering what Support told you regarding the Forward to a friend pop up you were receiving.  I received the same pop up when I was testing the forward to a friend option.

Thanks!

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Hi Steven - I think it was a bug at the time as the issue seemed to resolve itself after support tried a few times. If you still receive the issue today, I'd log a ticket with support. Sorry I can't be much more help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Ellie!  I appreciate the quick response.