Forward to a Friend Functionality

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forward to a Friend Functionality

Hello:

If you add the "forward to a friend" functionality to a email, will the cookie track the original person the email is sent to or will it create a new cookie for the person who is being forwarded the message?  If the person the email is forwarded to is not in the database, will it create a new contact?

Not sure if I asked this the correct way.  Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forward to a Friend Functionality

Also, How would you track the use of the forward to a friend link?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,

Here is the article that will help you with FTF.  In a nutshell, when the forward to a friend link is clicked, the sender fills out the "Friends" name and a new email is sent to the friend, who in turn is added to the Marketo database as a new unsubscribed lead.  If the friend clicks a link in the email, they will be cookied.  There are filters/triggers that will allow you to see who has forwarded an email and the recipients of the forwarded email.  I will be building a report that will allow you to see the number of forwards from an email in the very near future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Cheryl,

We are trying to capture the email address of who is forwarding the email on the new lead, is that possible yet? We want to identify who the new leads are coming from, as we would like to reward them when the lead hits a success point. Alternatively, is there a way to change the fields and text on the forward to a friend form so we can capture this information?

Thanks for your help.