Formula Field Evaluates to Null in Salesforce - Sync Impacts in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formula Field Evaluates to Null in Salesforce - Sync Impacts in Marketo?

Hello, 

I have a formula field in Salesforce that evalues to null if the Contact record has a picklist value that doesn't match what I want: 

IF(TEXT(Member_Status__c) = 'Active', (DATEVALUE(NOW()) -  Established_Date__c), null)

I do this because I only want to calculate the formula for those Contacts with Member_Status__c = 'Active'. My question is - currently because this condition is not in place Marketo is syncing all Contact records. With this condition in place - and the formula evaluating to null for Non-Active Members - would Marketo stop syncing the null records?

Or Marketo would always evaluate the formula and sync even if the result was the same.. 

Trying to optimize the sync and I am not sure if Marketo syncs based on comparing values in Marketo or blindly by evaluating the formula each time.

Thanks for your help!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Formula Field Evaluates to Null in Salesforce - Sync Impacts in Marketo?

Hi Vyom,

I'm afraid your issue may be more basic than that - Marketo generally has issues picking up changes with SFDC formula fields as when they change they don't "modify" the field they are in, or the modtimestamp field in the record itself, so Marketo will skip over them and not see that there has been a value changed at all.

Generally these need other fields on the record to be updated, or some kind of update to another field done via Apex trigger to make this work. There's a lot of discussion on the community around dealing with SFDC formula fields.