SOLVED

Re: Forms + Tracking Cookies

Go to solution
Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Forms + Tracking Cookies

We host invite-only events relatively often and are trying to figure out the best way to handle the RSVPs. Occasionally we register for our clients instead of them doing it themselves, however this creates a problem with tracking their activity after we register for them. Basically, if I register for a client, it then thinks I'm him and tracks my activity as his. I'm guessing the solution to this is to open an incognito window in Chrome and register through that, however I want to know if there's any other solution that people have to keep cookies from tracking from my computer. 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

The Private mode of your browser is a good idea.

You also can create cookie-less landing page templates and create a landing page from this template. See this thread : Non-trackable landing page is still identifying me . The issue is that this technique will erase also your own cookie.

Another, simple solution, if you can setup the DNS is to have your LP hosted in a separate domain.

Finally, you can also vote here

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

The Private mode of your browser is a good idea.

You also can create cookie-less landing page templates and create a landing page from this template. See this thread : Non-trackable landing page is still identifying me . The issue is that this technique will erase also your own cookie.

Another, simple solution, if you can setup the DNS is to have your LP hosted in a separate domain.

Finally, you can also vote here

-Greg

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

The incognito window is the simplest solution.  If you're willing to have a separate registration page for each event, though, then you can use the code from my blog here to clear the tracking cookie submission and prevent the bad cookie association without a new incognito window: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Thanks Kenny. I will send this code along to my developer.