Re: Forms on non-Marketo Pages - Triggering alert emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms on non-Marketo Pages - Triggering alert emails

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the following - Bascially I'm wanting to go through our website and replace all forms with Marketo forms so we can incorporate lead scoring, etc.

I followed the instructions here - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqgCAC

All simple enough. I started with our standard contact us page and successfully replaced the form. Everything worked, new lead data entered into the form was appropriately added to the database, etc.

The problem is I wanted to send off an alert email to inform us when the form had been filled out and the contents of the form. Now I set this up in the same way I've setup alerts for forms on Markeo landing pages (basically creating and activating a smart campaign using the Fills Out Form trigger in Smart List, and send alert email as the flow action).

However, upon doing some test submissions, the alert email was never sent and the Smart Campaign is showing no activites.

When I went into the lead database I could see the new leads that corresponded to my test, so the form is working, it's the smart campaign that doesn't appear to be responding to fact someone's filled out the form.

Is there anything special I need to do when using a form on Marketo pages to ensure the program is triggered appropriately?

Thanks in advance for any help folks can supply.

Cheers.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the form is assciated to more than one landing page, adding constraint "Web Page" and selecting a specific landing page would disambiguate the fill outs for triggers and filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have experienced some issues with filtering results with the "Web Page" constraint for non-Marketo landing pages.

So we create a new form for each external landing page and it seems to do a good job.

Here is an example where we have implemented it:
http://www.servicewearapparel.com/get-started/

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using a trigger of "Fills Out Form" and you reuse the form on multiple pages, go to your Smart Campaign Scheduling tab and chekc your Qualification Rules.  Make sure its set to trigger "Every Time" instead of "Only Once".  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answers all,

I've not had a chance to check them out as yet (crazy week) but I did want to post my appreciation for the help.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.