SOLVED

Re: Forms for Opportunity Fields

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms for Opportunity Fields

Hi,

Is there a way to pull Opportunity fields in for use in a Marketo form?  The fields are already synced to Marketo from SF and I can see them in my Admin Field Database, but it appears the form creation will only let me pull Marketo custom fields. 

We have a team who is wanting to use the form more like an application for professional development and would like anyone who fills out the form to skip the Lead stage and go right to Opportunity.

Or is it better to use the Lead fields on the form and then use a Smart Campaign to update the status to Opportunity?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kristen,

This is not possible. If your CRM is SFDC, the way you should set this up is to create these fields at lead level and map them with corresponding opportunity fields, so that when the lead is converted into an opportunity, the values will be transferred.

The hard point is that it will not be possible to do the same for contacts. Even if you create the same fields at contact level, you will not be able to feed the values to the opportunity easily, unless you use a trigger or a flow (2 SFDC features that will required more advanced setup and development).

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kristen,

This is not possible. If your CRM is SFDC, the way you should set this up is to create these fields at lead level and map them with corresponding opportunity fields, so that when the lead is converted into an opportunity, the values will be transferred.

The hard point is that it will not be possible to do the same for contacts. Even if you create the same fields at contact level, you will not be able to feed the values to the opportunity easily, unless you use a trigger or a flow (2 SFDC features that will required more advanced setup and development).

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!