Re: Forms 2.0 is alive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0 is alive

Hello Community,

I would invite you all to check out the Forms 2.0 feature in the January 2014 release.  This idea has been long in its arrival but I can already attest it is worth its weight.  This release has solved so many use cases where a web developer was required to perform some guru magic in order to get the forms to blend in function or style onto the landing pages.  The feature list is expansive and has two of my most desired features: full functionality while embedding on non-Marketo pages and mobile/html5 friendly. Marketo packed a lot into this release, so enjoy and explore.

Happy Forming

Cheers,
Eric
Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like! Glad to have an easy-to-parse DOM structure for when we do need to customize, and this will be more than adequate for the vast majority of Marketo users. Well done team!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm beyond excited Eric!

Bring on forms 2.0!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the most awesome Marketo releases to date.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I had a chance to try out these new capabilities over the weekend - and I agree - this is well worth the wait!.  There are a couple minor issues that could still use some tweaking (e.g., defining the spacing between multi-column form fields; if known leads, don't require both first/last name; etc.) and while watching the launch video, Jason ran into issue with conditional form visibility - but overall, this is probably one of the greatest enhancements since we've been using Marketo.  Great job, team!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think this realease is very much worth it.

When that said im suprice that this is not in the Release.
  • When embeded the form. the progressive profiling don't work. and prefill funktion.
  • When you add things down in the progressive bar then you can choice if you want to show some check boxes always. (Like supribe to newsletter, please contact me.

General i think most positive things on this acheviment.

But i liked the CSS (System contained everything that is use in the form) The form submit you need to overwrite another way.

But still in a leaning Curve. You can see 2 embed form on Atcore website. (Footer&signup to Book)

Embed form with progressive profiling (http://atcore.dk/boger-guides/guide-facebook-timeline-for-virksomheder/)
0EM50000000RPBC.jpg

Footer
0EM50000000RPBH.jpg
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I haven't looked at the new form yet but I expect that I'll find following info in documentation:
- how can we migrate from old forms to 2.0 forms.
- is it possible to do it one by one
- how does it affect existing triggers, localization etc.
- is it recommended to implement the new forms for new landing pages and webpages only or all?

Cécile @ Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for championing this for so long Eric!  I'm looking forward to learning more about this exciting new feature in today's "Marketo's Debut Release of 2014: Forms 2.0" webinar.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work! Thank you Eric and of course Marketo team. This was much much needed!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Eric!