Re: Formatting in Text box of an email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formatting in Text box of an email

One of the most frustrating things I keep running into when I add a text box to an email and it contains a bulleted list of items, the format is set to double space but when I send the test the bulleted list contains NO SPACES!  SOmething is overwriting what I am entering, many times the designer on my team will need to go in and hard code in HTML.  Does anyone else run into this issue??
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happens to me too but usually with different lines of text!! I usually just work around by single spacing and adding an actual space on the rows with inbetween so it thinks there's characters there. I know there's got to be better ways but it's a quick fix! lol
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hey Erin,

I guess one of the things you can do is when you paste the bulleted item, clear the formatting, and use the text editor to add the bullet.  Or go in HTML mode and hard code.  The first one works for me most of the time. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle:

I dont typically copy and paste into Marketo, but I NEVER do when there is a bulleted list.  Whenever I have a bulleted list, I always use the editior to add the bullet.  🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, if I do copy/paste I just do it out of notepad but I don't do bullets that way.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I do have to tweak, but it works for me either way.