Form - Pick List Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form - Pick List Issue

Some of the fields in my forms have pick-lists and I include "select" as the first option. I do this because the form will show the word "select" for any field that is a picklist, and it's clear to the lead they must select out of the options. However, I have noticed recently that some leads that have filled out the form have been choosing "select" as their answer (i'm assuming b/c they don't want to answer the field, but it is a required field so they are forced to). Is there a way to avoid this??
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form - Pick List Issue

You should structure the pick list, so that the data value of the "Select" display value is blank and make it a required field.  That should prevent this from occuring.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly-

To expand on what Elliot suggested, you'd add a "::"  without the quotation marks after the Select.  So it would like like the following:

Select::,Value1, Value2, Etc

The :: with no value after it will tell the system that Select has no value so it won't pass it to the field.

Let me know if you need any other assistance with this!

Jesse
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jesse -

I tried using your approach: "select::,A,B,C,etc,etc,etc". When i look at the landing page with the form, the list looks like this (I blacked out the selections for privacy reasons):

0EM50000000QHQl.jpg

Now there are 2 selects in the list. Why is this happening? And it looks like you can choose "select" as your answer, which is definitely not what we want!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!