SOLVED

Form field visibility rule on hover off

Go to solution
Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Form field visibility rule on hover off

Hi community, before I start writing any JS, has someone already solved the issue with field visibility rules where you have to click out of the field to make the dependant fields to appears, instead of "on hover off"?
For example:

If first name is not empty show last name.

Currently you type in "first name ", but only until you click somewhere else out of it, "last name" appears. I just want on hover off the firts name, the would be nice to add a JQ "slow" or somenthing....

Plase save me some time... 😉

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form field visibility rule on hover off

Well hover:off isn't an actual event (in DOM terms). I think you mean mouseleave.

Certainly possible, but you would need to drive the visibility entirely using custom JS. The built-in Visibility Rules can't be used for this (and should be turned off to avoid confusion).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

You really want hover, not focus?

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Yes, I think :hover off is the best experience as :focus will behave like it is at the mement "Tab" key

SanfordWhiteman

Well hover:off isn't an actual event (in DOM terms). I think you mean mouseleave.

Certainly possible, but you would need to drive the visibility entirely using custom JS. The built-in Visibility Rules can't be used for this (and should be turned off to avoid confusion).

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

yes you right mouseleave.... ummmm well need to think if it's worth