SOLVED

Form 2.0 Not You Token - Reusable

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 2.0 Not You Token - Reusable

We recently started using the Forms 2.0 Builder for some of our forms. One great feature that this version has is the "Show Custom HTML for Known Leads" setting.

As we've been playing with this option, this works really well if the target that you're sending a known lead to is for downloading a White Paper, however it doesn't work that well if you have additional fields on your form that you need filled out. For example, if we have an event registration where we're also asking for the user's Meal Preference. Although they may be a "known lead", their Meal Preference isn't a piece of previously known information and we need to be able to present these fields to the user as well.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to take the form token {{form.NotYou: default=Not You?}} that appears in the "Custom HTML for Known Leads" block and put this in other places as well, either in an HTML snippet on the form or landing page. This way, if it is a known lead, the demographic fields (first name, last name, etc) can be prefilled for the user, but the other event specific fields can also be displayed as well. Then, if the known lead happens to be incorrect for some reason, they can use the Not You link to clear the cookies and reset the whole form.

I've tried multiple ways to add this token onto a form/landing page, but can't seem to get it to work.

Does anyone know if this is possible or other ways people have tried to solve this?

Thanks!
Adam
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form 2.0 Not You Token - Reusable

Adam,

What if when your known leads come to the form, you follow the same process of using the custom html and embed a new form within the custom html that has fields specific to the event for them to fill out. This would still allow them to select the "Not You" link to go back to the original form that has both the basic fields (First Name, Last Name, Email, etc.) but also would capture the fields specific to the event. You wouldn't need to use progressive profiling in this situation.

Hope this helps!
Mollie B

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam,

You could do this through Progressive Profiling. Instead of using the "If Known Visitor" use Progressive Profiling to have the key demographic fields autofill (or even hide some of these fields) for your known leads and then display the additional event specific fields that still need populated for the known lead. 

Here is an article about Progressive Profiling: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LHAFCA4

Hope this helps!
Mollie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mollie!  That could help part of our issue.   I tried playing with the Progressive Profiling , but couldn't quite see how we could set this up as you suggested. I think you were saying to use Progressive Profiling to prefill certain fields and then hide others.  I noticed that we could use "Visibility Rules" to hide certain fields, but that only hides a field based on conditions of another field  (i.e. hide First Name, if Last Name is not blank).  Were you thinking we could hide fields a different way?   

Ultimately I think we're rying to solve two things. 

1. If the lead is known, then don't present some of the fields that we'd prefer not to be edited again (First Name, Last Name, Email, etc), but then display the other fields specific to the event (meail preference, hotel preference, etc). 

2. If the lead has been incorrectly identified, then allow them to reset the form with a "Not You?" link.  Unfortunately we have some clients (husband/wife, etc) who share an email address or have the wrong email address on the Contact back in Salesforce.  This can create issues when they get cookied as it prefills the "wrong" info into the form fields. 

I'm a self-proclaimed neophyte with Marketo and still learning the ropes so don't know much about Progressive Profiling yet.  Does it seem like it would be able to help with either of these scenarios? 

Appreciate the help!
Adam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam,

What if when your known leads come to the form, you follow the same process of using the custom html and embed a new form within the custom html that has fields specific to the event for them to fill out. This would still allow them to select the "Not You" link to go back to the original form that has both the basic fields (First Name, Last Name, Email, etc.) but also would capture the fields specific to the event. You wouldn't need to use progressive profiling in this situation.

Hope this helps!
Mollie B

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was thinking about that as well.  That could work, however it's duplicating that set of the form fields as HTML code.  If we have changes to our form fields, then we also have to remember to edit the custom HTML block with the same changes.  It would be much easier/cleaner if we could just reuse the "Not You" token outside of that Custom HTML block  :).  But that might be the only way right now.  Thanks for the ideas!