Re: Forcing all links in an email to use mktNoTrack

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forcing all links in an email to use mktNoTrack

Hi all, 

We have a Sales Insight email with specific links that absolutely will not work with any querystring parameters attached to them. 

I am trying to fix this using mktNoTrack. 

Unfortunately the links that I want to be not tracked are inserted by the rep at the time of sending the emails into the Sales Insight template. 

So even if I provide a link with a placeholder URL and the correct class in the template, when the rep inserts the correct link, the mktNoTrack class is over-written as well. 

Is there a way, at the template level, to force all links in an email to use mktNoTrack so that even the links inserted by the rep within the Sales Insight interface will receive the class? 

This is critical functionality for us and is causing serious issues in delivering core communications to our customers. Appreciate any insight or creative solutions for a work-around!

Thanks, 

Justin
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I know of, Maybe there is another way to fix the link. What is the problem with it?

Have you filed a ticket with support about the issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Adam. Part of our product is job board aggregation, so we will post jobs to multiple job boards on behalf of our customers, including Craigslist. 

For some odd reason, Craigslist links will break if there are any querystring parameters attached to them. They say it has been this way since 2011 although I swear it worked before. 

Anyhow, as of today, since Craigslist and URL parameters together will absolutely not work, I need to apply no track on the link, except as I say it is inserted within the MSI interface where you can't access the HTML as far as I know. 

I did file a ticket with support and their creative solution was to not use Marketo so send the email 🙂 

Really sucky, I can't see another way around it though.