Footer is no longer spanning the landing page - how can I fix?

Liz_Smith
Level 2

Footer is no longer spanning the landing page - how can I fix?

I recently added a few more lines of code to my landing page, and when I did, it broke something in the footer, so that it no longer spans the width of the page, but rather the width of the content. Anyone have any tips or solutions?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Footer is no longer spanning the landing page - how can I fix?

Hey Liz,

Could you add a link to preview the live LP, it'd be easier to have a look at the code to figure out what's going on here.

Without seeing it, it sounds like something that might happen if the Text Editor Settings are wrapping your content in <div> or <p> tag when you make an edit. You can check by going to ADMIN > EMAIL > Text Editor Settings -- and making sure that the options for Email and Landing Pages are set to "none" instead of <div> or <p>. This setting will "help out" by adding a container element around anything that's not in a container inside an editable area and usually does more harm than good. I haven't run into a case where you'd want to leave these set to anything other than "none" so I'd say it's a "safe" thing to do unless you've intentionally worked that into your game plan.

If this isn't the case, I'd be happy to take a look if you can post a link to the page.

Thanks,
Dave