SOLVED

Flowboost and Marketo Tracking on Splashthat

Go to solution
jessicasand
Level 1

Flowboost and Marketo Tracking on Splashthat

Hi there, 

We utilize Splash (splashthat.com) for our events. Splash does offer an integration piece, but it maps the form fields and integrates into the programs and tokens so that everything is synced. We have spent a ton of time trying to find a solution regarding all of the tracking that we are missing when using this platform and then last week found Flowboost for associating the lead activity. In the step-by-step instructions, #3 references appropriate token for the field containing the cookie value. 

After trying so many things, our webhook tests keep returning cookieValue = "" and there is no value.

Would anyone be able to explain the appropriate steps in obtaining and/or creating a token for the field containing the cookie value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Flowboost and Marketo Tracking on Splashthat

In the step-by-step instructions, #3 references appropriate token for the field containing the cookie value.

Todd’s post on how to do the association is totally on-point. But it does assume you have a way of storing the value of the Munchkin cookie (the cookie named _mkto_trk) in a hidden field on whatever form you’re using, so the field is in turn passed to Marketo and can be shuttled to FlowBoost.

This is very easy if you have sufficient control over the form — that is, if you can add hidden fields and either (a) the form provider automatically supports mapping cookie values to hidden fields or (b) the provider lets you add custom JS to the page to do the same thing.

Unfortunately, I don’t know that Splash offers either of these capabilities. They discourage user-injected JS in favor of having their professional services team add what you request, and their docs don’t mention cookies being used like this. You might ask them specifically: “Can I have a hidden form field that is automatically filled with the current value of a cookie?”

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In the step-by-step instructions, #3 references appropriate token for the field containing the cookie value.

Todd’s post on how to do the association is totally on-point. But it does assume you have a way of storing the value of the Munchkin cookie (the cookie named _mkto_trk) in a hidden field on whatever form you’re using, so the field is in turn passed to Marketo and can be shuttled to FlowBoost.

This is very easy if you have sufficient control over the form — that is, if you can add hidden fields and either (a) the form provider automatically supports mapping cookie values to hidden fields or (b) the provider lets you add custom JS to the page to do the same thing.

Unfortunately, I don’t know that Splash offers either of these capabilities. They discourage user-injected JS in favor of having their professional services team add what you request, and their docs don’t mention cookies being used like this. You might ask them specifically: “Can I have a hidden form field that is automatically filled with the current value of a cookie?”

jessicasand
Level 1

Thank you so much @SanfordWhiteman ! I've asked them and will circle back here to resolve this post once I get an answer 🙂

benk
Level 1

@jessicasand  - Did you ever get a resolution on this from Splash?