First Half Reporting

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

First Half Reporting

As we are approaching the end of the first half of 2016, I would love to know what kind of reporting everyone's company pulls for milestones such as this (YTD, QTD, MTD). I know it's a little different for everyone depending on your business needs, but it might be helpful to see what others are doing and get some ideas of your own!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Half Reporting

here is a great article on how marketo handles reporting:  The Essential 8: Top Reports That Every Marketer Needs

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Re: First Half Reporting

As you point out it does very much depend on the needs of each business but what is increasingly true and universal is that we are all moving much more towards revenue marketing with a need to show the contribution of marketing to revenue.

With this in mind our 'tier 1' priorities for tracking (these are the one we share with leadership) include:

• Suspects - top of funnel lead volumes
  • Prospects - basically suspects that might have a lead opportunity i.e. the suspects that aren't waste
  • BANT - pipeline value and quantity
  • Closed revenue - we can't control this of course as after BANT it's with Sales but we do track it.

We then also track these metrics by tactic (e..g direct mail, email, content syndication etc.).

Our 'tier 2' tracking is kept within Marketing and includes the usual metrics i.e. email click through rates etc.

The tier 1 metrics are reported monthly, quarterly and annually using demand generation dashboards we have built in Salesforce. The tier 2 metrics are tracked using the standard Marketo reports.