Firing a webhook nightly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firing a webhook nightly

Hello, I'm totally blanking here, blame it on Friday.

I need to fire a webhook nightly.  I want to fire to a filtered segment of my database, but since I can't fire a webhook in a smart campaign based on filters I'm stuck. 

I have a list created, but I want to batch this call nightly and don't see an option to set a schedule on a smart campaign based off the trigger "added to list".

*background on the webhook call. We have an API that calculates the time between last contact so our call reps can prioritize their call queue. 

This seems so easy but I've drawn a blank. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Firing a webhook nightly

According to this discussion, you can not call a webhook in a batch campaign. 

However, you could create a batch campaign using your added to list/was added to list, then have it request a triggered campaign that will call the webhook. It's not ideal, but that is described more in the discussion I have linked to.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks that's exactly what I had to do. Trigger campaign to add to a list, filter campain to add to another list nightly, and final trigger campaign to fire the webhook off of my nightly batch list.

Please Marketo, change this no webhook rule off of a filter campaign, this just leads to more room for error and jumbles up my marketing activites! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did this deliberately- mostly because if you send a batch campaign to a few million leads it might be quite slow depending on how the other system works. Also, it might overwhelm that other system.

In general, for these more periodic cases, you are much better off using the API and pulling that list periodically.