Re: Finding and Removing Duplicates

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Finding and Removing Duplicates

A list was uploaded months ago through Marketo which contained thousands of contacts. Unfortunately it was updated incorrectly and created a lot of bad data and duplicates. We are attempting to clean out everything but need to compile the metrics on the database first. I have reviewed alot of information including this blog - http://developers.marketo.com/blog/how-to-clean-your-marketo-database/

Question is anyone have any ideas on best ways to start this from experience? We have 3 instances that all sync together one being SFDC. We are working on a plan to maintain the database moving forward with best practices to keep data clean but what would be some best practices to get rid of these duplicates or how to find out via a Smart List how many we actually potentially are looking at in Marketo? I have created a list matching full name as a start to see what numbers we may be dealing with.

6 REPLIES 6
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Do you know what caused the duplicates? Was the original list uploaded without email addresses? Or was it due to the import?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

The CSV file was sorted incorrectly which caused states, zips and emails to not match. It was not caught prior to the upload. We do not have the original file either prior to the sort. Otherwise we would have just uploaded to correct it.

William_Finnen
Level 2

Hi Tara,

RingLead specializes in assisting with these types of initiatives.  We work with Marketo and Salesforce users to maintain data quality to ensure a smooth sync between the two systems. 

I think it would be beneficial for us to discuss this in more detail so we can get to work on helping you out.  Feel free to email me at billy@ringlead.com to discuss this further

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Tara Rowe

We can surely help you here. We have a cost-effective solution for cleaning up dedupes in Marketo. Happy to set up a demo for you. Drop a line at info@grazitti.com and we can set up a time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alok please reach out to me about your de-deduping efforts...reach me at rob.place@sli-systems.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

This is Shailendra from Grazitti Interactive. Thanks for your interest in our De-dupe solution in Marleto. In reference to your above note to Alok, i have shared an email with more details.

Would be great, if you could suggest your convenience for setting up a time for de-dupe demo.

Thanks,

Shailendra Pratap

Business Development Manager | Grazitti Interactive

M +1-650 417 9738 | E: shailendrap@grazitti.com