Filtering email bot activity [September 2022 Release]

alexmosca
Level 2

Re: Filtering email bot activity [September 2022 Release]

Having the option to select the second difference could be useful, but from an admin's perspective, you'd have to take a best guess as to what time period to select because (as far as I know), you're not able to see the exact second that an activity was logged on a record's activity log. You're only able to see the time an activity took place down to the minute, not to the second. In the example I screenshotted in my last post, I have no idea if those activities took place in the span of 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds, or 59 seconds.

@Katja_Keesom brought up a good point as well mentioning the footer links. When we typically see a large volume of clicks from one record that we suspect to be bot activity, many of the clicks being links in our footer such as the privacy policy, social links, etc. When I see a record clicking every link in our footer in the span of a minute, that is a clear flag that these clicks are not coming from a human. I know it may be difficult to find a one-size-fits-all solution for all clients since every company has a unique footer, but something to consider.