Filtering based on length of a field?

Will_Thomas
Level 3

Filtering based on length of a field?

We're looking to implement better 'bad data' safeguards, one of which is for phone numbers.  One of the filters I would like to create would filter out anyone who enters a number that isn't long enough to be legitimate.  Is there currently a way to say if a number is less than say, 7 digits? 

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Filtering based on length of a field?

You can use form masking to require an input to be a certain format, but unless you're only getting US inquiries, or you are prepared to format for every country, I'd advise against trying to do this on forms.

You could export your data and run it through excel, to identify records where a phone number was too long or short. Not sure if there are any more elegant solutions without going to a third-party provider.

Will_Thomas
Level 3

Re: Filtering based on length of a field?

That's what I was worried about.  We have far too many forms and far too many countries to go with form masking.  The filter I'd like to implement is for when all leads become qualified - exporting to excel would work for getting rid of junk data still in the system, but this is for a trigger when they qualify.