SOLVED

Re: Filter the existing customers from a static list before importing

Go to solution
KanakoTone
Level 5

Filter the existing customers from a static list before importing

Hi,

Is there any way to filter some data in the static list when importing? I have a static list, which has new leads, existing leads and existing customers mixed altogether. I'd not like to import the exiting customers into some campaigns, because the list may have wrong information on those existing customers and importing the list would update the data with that wrong info.

I appreciate your help!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kanako,

You cannot filter before. But you can block field update on untrusted imports. Go to the admin -> field management, select the filed you want to block and select "field actions" -> "block field update", then check "List Import untrusted source". Repeat this for every field you want to protect.

Then, on import, select "Untrusted" for the "Trusted source" on first step of the import wizard.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kanako,

You cannot filter before. But you can block field update on untrusted imports. Go to the admin -> field management, select the filed you want to block and select "field actions" -> "block field update", then check "List Import untrusted source". Repeat this for every field you want to protect.

Then, on import, select "Untrusted" for the "Trusted source" on first step of the import wizard.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kanako,

If this answers the question, pls mark it as correct answer so that the question is marked as responded and gets out of the radar

-Greg

KanakoTone
Level 5

I don't see the fields I'd like to block under field management. What can I do if the fields are in field mapping? What I'd like to block from updating when importing a list is first name, last name and company name.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Kanako,

In the admin->field management, the fields names are "First", "Last" and "Company".

-Greg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Kanako, here's a screenshot in case it helps:

2016-02-17_13-39-00.jpg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Haha, sorry.. got delayed in posting my response and then it was totally unnecessary!

KanakoTone
Level 5

Oh that's why I couldn't find them! Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Be my guest

-Greg