SOLVED

Filled out Form "Is not" not working

Go to solution
cizhuang
Level 1

Filled out Form "Is not" not working

Hi All,

Recently we are setting up event registration and using the smart campaign for triggering event registration.

Here we are using a Trigger "Program Status is Changed" and a filter "Filled out Form", please see the screenshot below:

We don't want the people who filled out form A listed in the "Filled out Form" filter to be triggered in this smart campaign but actually, the people who fill out form A still have been triggered, not sure why?

Has any one had some ideas? Or should we not use "is not" but using "Not filled out form" this filter?

Screenshot 2023-03-23 164845.png

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Filled out Form "Is not" not working

Could you change the program status of a person who does and doesn't have a filled out form A activity in their act log to see if you see the expected trigger campaign results? Also, why are you using a Date of Activity constraint in your trigger? This constraint only makes sense in conjunction with the "number of times" constraint, as it creates a time window for activities that have the same characteristics. If this is something that you don't want, then I think you might want to set this up as a batch campaign instead. A trigger fires only upon new activities; it doesn't process past activities. For the sake of verifying whether there's so little time-difference b/w Filled Out Form and Program Status Change activities that marketo is not able to process people correctly in the set trigger campaign, I'd advise you to remove the Date of Activitiy constraint from the trigger and then test.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

You should use the Not Filled Out Form filter instead of this. Here's the reason why you're seeing people who filled out form A getting into the campaign: the “Filled Out Form is not Form A” filter config would let people with at least 1 filled-out form activity on a form other than Form A qualify. Using the “Not Filled Out Form, Form Name is Form A” would look through the entire activity log of a person and would only let the person who doesn't have any filled out form activity on Form A qualify. Also, with the existing filter, people who don't have any filled-out form activity would not qualify for the campaign (I.e., people who have at least one filled-out form activity on a form other than form A way would only qualify), which I don't think you want. Let us know if you’ve any questions.

cizhuang1216
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply and kind explanation, we have tried using the "Not Filled out form" instead but it's still not working in this trigger campaign, we guess it might be the duration time from the people filling out the form to the campaign being triggered might be short.?

BTW, we have used the "Program was changed" and "Not Filled out the form" of those two filters in both batch smart campaign and smart list, and it works well.

Do you have any idea if the "Not Filled out form" trigger is not working in the trigger campaign? Thanks a lot!

Darshil_Shah1

Could you change the program status of a person who does and doesn't have a filled out form A activity in their act log to see if you see the expected trigger campaign results? Also, why are you using a Date of Activity constraint in your trigger? This constraint only makes sense in conjunction with the "number of times" constraint, as it creates a time window for activities that have the same characteristics. If this is something that you don't want, then I think you might want to set this up as a batch campaign instead. A trigger fires only upon new activities; it doesn't process past activities. For the sake of verifying whether there's so little time-difference b/w Filled Out Form and Program Status Change activities that marketo is not able to process people correctly in the set trigger campaign, I'd advise you to remove the Date of Activitiy constraint from the trigger and then test.