SOLVED

Fields not updated via form filled (and no block updates)

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Fields not updated via form filled (and no block updates)

Hello,

I have a form that contain some hidden fields to capture the UTM parameters. If I fill out form for the first time, data is properly populated.
If I fill out form a second time, data is not updated. And yet there is no block update on the form filled.

screenshot.jpg

Do you have an idea where I should look for explanation?

Cécile

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Fields not updated via form filled (and no block updates)

I would guess the you have prefill enabled for these form fields.  Can you check in the form editor and make sure this is disabled?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Are you doing a hard refresh of the url on the second occasion? Does it happen if you use 2 different tabs and have you tried Incognito Mode, as that's how I test the UTM stuff?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I do a hard refresh. is that the reason? how do you test in incognito mode?

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Can you give me a sample of the urls? I assume you want to update Marketo with the new parameters each time a person visits from a new url?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

good assumption.

I've only added test form on a single old French page...https://info.talend.com/toptenaifr.html

screenshot.jpg

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

So I think you need to test this is a different way, I assume a customer would have a gap between clicking each different url's? How I test this, is open up a new Incognito window and enter the url with the first parameters, test the form, look for the lead and see if the UTM content has been populated, then close down Incognito mode and reopen it (this clears any browsing data, etc...), then add the 2nd url in with the new parameters, fill out the form and look for the lead and it should not have the new UTM data. When I test this, I find that sometimes my normal browsing data messes with the hidden field content so thats why I use Incognito. A normal user will usually have a gap between form fill outs so data will update as normal for them, the process I describe is only for testing really.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I would guess the you have prefill enabled for these form fields.  Can you check in the form editor and make sure this is disabled?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

yes Kenny, you were right! silly me