Field that was used on forms was mapped incorrectly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Field that was used on forms was mapped incorrectly

Hi.  In creating our most used forms I used "Title" which doesn't map to Title in SFDC leads and contacts instead of "Job Title" (I took over from another beginner Marketo admin who was learning and there are a lot of extra fields.)

I have changed the forms so that from now on I'll be using Job Title.  However, does anyone know how I can ensure that the data I previously collected via "Title" will pass over to SFDC?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Field that was used on forms was mapped incorrectly

You could do a smart campaign and write any <Title> values into <Job Title>. So if <Title> is not empty, and <Job Title> is empty, then <Job Title> = {{lead.Title}}, where <Title> is the name of the Marketo-only field and <Job Title> is the SFDC-mapped field.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you sure there is a Field called Title and Job Title? Sometimes the labels ont he Form will be different than the actual Field name.

Charlie's right if there are multiple fields.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Charile.  We do in fact have Job Title and Title with different mappings.  We no longer use "Title" in any of our flows or forms.  For cleanup, I think I'm close to getting the flow but yet oh so far away as it's not working.  Can't figure out how to make this work.  Thanks for your assistance.

0EM50000000T32T.png