Re: Field is not uploading properly. Can I undo an upload?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Field is not uploading properly. Can I undo an upload?

Hello,

I recently uploaded a list import into Marketo database. My speadsheet has a list of contact including name, company name, job title, etc. For some reason, Marketo imported all information from my csv spreadsheet properly except for the company name. This is one of our most useful fields we use and normally how we identify leads.

My question to you community, is there a way to undo an upload? I'd like to try and re-import the list to see if anything changes. OR do you have any advice on how to fix this problem without me having to go through each contact manually type in the name of their company?

Any feedback would be helpful. Time is of the essence for me right now. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Michael, you can't undo an upload, but it sounds like the field might be blocked from updates. Have you checked in Admin to ensure that the field value isn't blocked from updating from list imports? You can always import again and it won't create any duplicates as long as the email addresses are the same, but it sounds like this won't do much if it didn't update the first time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory,

The strange part is that it uploaded about 10 contacts with the appropriate field name. The rest did not upload. I’m not sure why.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Well, if those were empty prior to the list import then there was nothing for it to overwrite. Not sure if that's the case, but I'd start by reviewing the Admin section for field permissions on Company.

Also, are you connected with SFDC? If you're trying to update Account fields, Marketo won't be able to do this.