SOLVED

Field information not syncing to Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Field information not syncing to Salesforce

I have a "Job Title" field that is requried on all of my forms. I have looked at the lead details in Marketo and confirmed that we are collecting that information. However, it is not sending that field information over to Salesforce. I've look at my field management and my lead field settings in Marketo and Salesforce to ensure they were mapped to the correct fields and they are. Any other idea's as to why this field information is not being sent to salesforce? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Field information not syncing to Salesforce

Does your Marketo User have Read/Write access to that field?

Can you change the data in SFDC and does it change in Marketo?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Does your Marketo User have Read/Write access to that field?

Can you change the data in SFDC and does it change in Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Karin...

I'm thinking Josh's answer is probably the best start... and if not, perhaps just checking to see if there are any other rules applied to that field in SF, that would prohibit the field from being updated?

Just a question.... and I'm guessing this ISN'T the culprit, but worth a shot, just in case!?

When you collect the data in Marketo, is the field updating and saving with the new value? Meaning... you get the data, and see it register in the Activity Log, but is the "Change Data Value" to that new value being skipped? Is the new value populating/saving in the lead's record for that field? If the value doesn't seem to be updating in Marketo, it may be because that field is being blocked form updates from forms? If that happens to be the case, then the field isn't truly being updated, and SF wouldn't see a change.

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh's first question was what the problem was, but now I am confused by something. So I went into the Marketo profile and changed the field to be read/write. But now when it syncs to Marketo it syncs it under "SFDC Custom fields." This field is a standard field in Salesforce not one of our custom fields. So why would it go under custom fields in Marketo?