SOLVED

Re: Solution for MarketoSDK Initialization Issue in RNMarketoModule.kt

Go to solution
capital_dev
Level 1

Failed to initialize MarketoSDK 0.8.12 IOException

Hello Marketo Support Team,

I am experiencing an issue with initializing the MarketoSDK in my Android project. I have followed the configuration instructions provided in the Marketo React Native SDK Documentation but encountered the following error when running the project:

Error Message: Failed to initialize MarketoSDK 0.8.12
Exception Type: IOException

Steps Taken:

• Installed MarketoSDK version 0.8.12.
  • Configured all parameters as outlined in the documentation.
  • Verified that all necessary parameters are passed correctly.

Additional Information:

• SDK Version: 0.8.12
  • Platform: Android
  • React Native Version:0.73.6

Logs: failed to initialize MarketoSDK 0.8.12 IOException

Could you please assist in diagnosing and resolving this issue? If additional information is needed or if there are specific troubleshooting steps I should follow, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
capital_dev
Level 1

I have investigated the issue with initializing the MarketoSDK in the RNMarketoModule.kt file and identified a mismatch in the function parameters of initializeSDK.

Issue Details:

• Problem: The initializeSDK function has parameter mismatches which result in an IOException during SDK initialization.

Solution:

To resolve this issue, update the initializeSDK function in RNMarketoModule.kt as follows:

@ReactMethod
fun initializeSDK( munchkinId: String, appSecreteKey: String,frameworkType: String,) {
marketoSdk.initializeSDK(frameworkType,munchkinId, appSecreteKey)
}

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
capital_dev
Level 1

I have investigated the issue with initializing the MarketoSDK in the RNMarketoModule.kt file and identified a mismatch in the function parameters of initializeSDK.

Issue Details:

• Problem: The initializeSDK function has parameter mismatches which result in an IOException during SDK initialization.

Solution:

To resolve this issue, update the initializeSDK function in RNMarketoModule.kt as follows:

@ReactMethod
fun initializeSDK( munchkinId: String, appSecreteKey: String,frameworkType: String,) {
marketoSdk.initializeSDK(frameworkType,munchkinId, appSecreteKey)
}