Facebook Lead Ads Integration: Lead Form Name Not Carrying Over

Pkennedy
Level 1

Facebook Lead Ads Integration: Lead Form Name Not Carrying Over

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the Form Name from Facebook is not being carried over to our Marketo system? I've mapped the "Leadform**" field to a custom field named "Lead Form Name" as you can see below but nothing is coming through for that field: 

MicrosoftTeams-image (80).png

The goal of this was to have the Lead Form name pass through to the Marketo contact record. Based off the bold text shown below the mapping options, the Leadform** field should be representing a built-in Facebook Tracking Parameter. 

Screenshot 2023-07-20 170501.png

Can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Facebook Lead Ads Integration: Lead Form Name Not Carrying Over

Have you set the apt values (i.e., the form name) for this Tracking Paramater in your Facebook lead Ads forms? If so, I'd say it's worth validating where you're able to see it come through in FB when you access your leads who filled out the form? You could also download the lead data in the form of a CSV file from Ads Manager and verify.

Pkennedy
Level 1

Hello! Thank you so much for responding. 

I was under the impression that for that field, the name of the form automatically comes through. Do I need to manually create the tracking parameter on the lead form within FB here under the form's settings? 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 123752.png

Please let me know if that is what you meant, and thank you again for responding! 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I think you'd have to set the tracking parameter on the form as it's not something that is set OOTB AFAIK. Additionally, what's the business case behind storing the form name in a lead field, when you can get it from the FiIled out Facebook Form activity? Also, if a person fills out multiple forms, you'd only have the name of the form that the person filled out last, as the previous value would, of course, be overwritten by the new value.