Exporting Unsubscribes and the Durable Unsubscribe List?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exporting Unsubscribes and the Durable Unsubscribe List?

We will be using a 3rd party list vendor to send out prospect emails. We need to provide them with our list of unsubscribed leads.

Is simply exporting the Unsubscribed System SmartList enough?

According to this article on Durable Unsubscribe,  Marketo "has a master email status, which is separate from the unsubscribe flag visible on the lead detail record....When a new lead is created, we check it against the master email status table."   This sounds like the list should cover all historical and deleted leads.

Should I be exporting the Durable Unsubscribe Master list instead?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exporting Unsubscribes and the Durable Unsubscribe List?

responding to this so i can see what the answer is.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by support that "The durable unsubscribe is a back end process list, and not one that can be obtained/exported....it is not something that can be displayed or exported out of the system, it is a back end process only with no way to get the contents out to f the system for you. The only thing we have available for you is the system level (SmartList) list which you can see."

To me, this means that when we do lead clean-up, we cannot delete the unsubscribers if we need to provide a true unsubscribe list to a 3rd party. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eloqua made it extremely easy to export, upload, and manage the unsubscribe list. I find it shocking that we are not given access to Durable unsubscribe data or that it can't be exported. I think this causes many individuals to keep their unsubscribed contacts in the database which isn't  great because we are charged for every contact in the lead database (including unsubscribes). And it would be beneficial to be able to remove these contacts from the database to stay within the bounds of the current contact subscription.  One suggestion made to manage the unsubscribes was to export the unsubscribed contacts to an excel file before you delete them in the lead database. While this may seem like a fix it isn't because any contact can become resubscribed through a future marketing campaign which would cause your excel file to be incorrect.

If we don't have access to the Durable unsubscribe list how will we truly know who has been unsubscribed? You are then left reconciling the data in Marketo and your excel file which would give anyone a headache.

I hope Marketo has a solution for this in a future release.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello -

We are coming across this issue as well, we would like to remove our unsubscribes from the marketing database, but do need access to export the durable unsubscribe list. Since this topic was first posted over a year ago, does anyone know if there have been feature updates or improvements that allow access to the durable unsubscribe list?

Thank you!

Staci