SOLVED

export SFDC ID from List?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

export SFDC ID from List?

I have a smart list set up with a custom view that includes a clumn for the SFDC ID of a lead. It seems I'm not able to export that column from MKTO. When I export to CSV, all other columns are there except the SFDC ID. I wanted to see if this was restricted on MKTO's end - or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks in advnace!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: export SFDC ID from List?

It is restricted, but you can get over it by creating a custom field (do it in SFDC so it maps), make it a formula field, set the value = to the ID, and BOOM you now have a field that you can export.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is restricted, but you can get over it by creating a custom field (do it in SFDC so it maps), make it a formula field, set the value = to the ID, and BOOM you now have a field that you can export.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the rational behind not exposing Salesforce IDs? Marketo should expose Salesforce IDs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're indeed creatinga  custom formula field to sync. I'm confused as well as to why this would be restricted - especially when there's a clear workaround...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree! Marketo - is there a way this can be un-restcricted and why it currently is if you can export the ID's as per the above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone shed any more light on this one? My colleague who has the same access rights as me for Marketo can export with the SDFC ID but i cant??? The column deosnt export to excel and i would liek to know why.

Please advise
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alison,

I wasn't able to export the SFDC ID directly and it's my understanding that this is a restricted field (I'm surprised that your colleague is able to export).

Following Jason Long's advice, we have a custom field set up to duplicate the SFDC ID field, which IS exportable. We call it "CRM Key" and the rule is:

Value: is ‘{{lead.SFDC Id}}’

Seems redundant, but it's the workaround we've been able to successfully use.

I hope this helps.

Dane