SOLVED

Re: export Program names with all the assets(email names, landing page names, static list names) through API

Go to solution
naveen250
Level 1

export Program names with all the assets(email names, landing page names, static list names) through API

Hi

Can we export program names with all the assets (email names, landing page names, static list names) through API in Marketo. I find few APIs under https://developers.marketo.com/ to export program names with folder name but I could not find any where how to export all the programs with assets through API.  Could you please help.

Thanks,

Naveen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: export Program names with all the assets(email names, landing page names, static list names) through API

There’s no single endpoint that downloads everything — that would be kind of strange!

You use the Programs Asset API to crawl and build the Program & Folder hierarchy.

Then you use the Landing Page Asset API, Email Asset API, etc. to get the assets as you traverse (browse) the hierarchy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

There’s no single endpoint that downloads everything — that would be kind of strange!

You use the Programs Asset API to crawl and build the Program & Folder hierarchy.

Then you use the Landing Page Asset API, Email Asset API, etc. to get the assets as you traverse (browse) the hierarchy.

naveen250
Level 1

Thanks Sanford.

naveen250
Level 1

I have used asset endpoint reference API to extract landing pages, emails , static list and smart lists but there is a limitation we can only pull Max 200 records(Parameter - Max return 200 ) if we wanted to pull more records is there any other approach.  Please suggest. And also i am executing all  API at browser level is there any best tools i can install and use to execute Marketo API's.

Thanks,

Naveen.

SanfordWhiteman

You pull them in pages, so it’s 200 per page (not 200 total!).

And also i am executing all  API at browser level is there any best tools i can install and use to execute Marketo API's.

At the browser level? The API is certainly not designed for use in the browser, as that exposes your client ID & client secret (not to mention the CORS issues).

Since you’re writing in JS already, NodeJS is the most obvious host environment. Your scripts can just run from the command-line, so there doesn’t need to be a web framework/web UI at all. There’s no prefab library to do what you’re doing, you have to write the code yourself.