Re: Expired Session - Refresh Browser

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expired Session - Refresh Browser

When I use Marketo, I usually have multiple tabs open. Sometimes I get a message from Marketo that says that my session has expired and I will need to refresh my browser. Why does this happen and is there a way besides not opening multiple tabs to avoid this refresh message from Marketo.

Even when it says my session has expired and I refresh my browser, I am not asked to re-enter my login information.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happens, unattended sessions expire.  I work the same way, 3-4 tabs all the time, so one often winds up unattended long enough to lose it's sessionID.  They had been lasting about 6 hours before expiring, seems like lately that's been bumped down to around 2 hours sometime just this year.  I consider that quite generous.  I seldom let my site's sessions persist more than 15-20 mins unattended if there's no overwhelming reason to expect a page to sit untouched for longer than that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I beg to differ, CraiGrr. I was just exporting leads (only 7,000) and the page expired in the time it took to export so I lost the export. So your definition of "leaving unattended" doesn't match mine. Very frustrating when I'm trying to work a lot of different lists in the database.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes, if it had a chance to generate the export process, you can click on List Options and Check Export Status.

If it expires before it gets the chance to generate the export, then that doesn't work. But its worth checking before starting over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that this is very frustrating as well. I write numerous emails daily, and I often encounter this issue. It'd be very helpful if there was a "Save Now" button or something so that the WHOLE EMAIL DOESN'T GET DELETED because Marketo can't simply keep us logged in.