SOLVED

Re: Executable campaign visibility in campaign queue

Go to solution
bbh-cs
Level 1

Executable campaign visibility in campaign queue

Hi everyone,

I just ran a rather large number of test leads through a smart campaign that executes a series of executable campaigns. When looking at the campaign queue, I could only see the parent smart campaign processing through the lead list - none of the executable campaigns seemed to appear.

Can someone confirm whether executable campaigns are supposed to appear in the campaign queue? If not, is there somewhere else I can see their processing status?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christine_Selv3
Level 2

Hi there! Executable campaigns will not show up in the campaign queue. If there is a trigger campaign to execute an executable campaign, that will show up in the queue. Think of executable campaigns as waiting to be executed versus in queue. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Executable campaigns are processed in a separate campaign queue from the trigger/batch campaign queues, and AFAIK the Campaign Queue in the Marketing Activities just refers to the batch/trigger campaign queue and hence probably doesn't include the executable campaigns. Of course, a trigger/batch campaign that executes an executable campaign would show up in the campaign queue. Also, in most cases, I've found executable campaigns running pretty quickly unlike batch/trigger campaigns which take a while to process at times when there are too many things going on in the instance. I don't think there's a place you can view the executable campaign processing status right now, other than of course cross-checking the member count, but I know that's not as ideal as viewing the campaigns in the campaign queue, and moreover, people who don't run through the executable campaign’s flow won't be included as its members.

Christine_Selv3
Level 2

Hi there! Executable campaigns will not show up in the campaign queue. If there is a trigger campaign to execute an executable campaign, that will show up in the queue. Think of executable campaigns as waiting to be executed versus in queue. 

areilly10
Level 1

I typically check the results tab to see if the execution was called, then jump to the executable results/membership trend or membership by week tab to see how it's running. 

I suppose you could request a campaign towards the beginning or end of the campaign just to see that it's working but that obviously adds to the queue which isn't ideal. Another option might be to add people to a list at the beginning of the executable series so you can see who is being processed, then removing them towards the end so you know they've completed the action.