This is a really interesting question.
Couple of questions back for you:
1. What triggers the "clock" to start? I assume its when its "assigned to sales"...so is that going to be a trigger on "Change Lead Owner"?
2. What is the trigger that lets the system know that the lead has been "followed up"? A status change?PROPOSED SOLUTION:
What I was thinking you could do is:
1. Create a smart campaign that triggers when a lead gets assigned to sales (based on question 1 above).
Smart List would be the trigger on lead owner change.
Flow might look like this:
I suppose there are a couple of ways you could do this: a. adding to a list, b. changing a field
What the above is essentially saying is that whenever that "clock" gets triggered it will put 24 hours on the clock and then add you to a 1 day list...then put 24 hours on the clock again and add you to a two day list.
Once someone gets added to a two day list, you know you have to reassign them to the queue.
The other campaigns that you need to think about adding into here are:
1. A remove from flow campaign (and remove from lists) when the lead is followed up with
2. A remove from list campaign after the leads get reassigned.
Let me know if that works....just kind of ran through that quickly, so might be some holes, but thought it might be on the right track.