SOLVED

Exclude leads that have downloaded a specific content download in the past.

Go to solution
ericgarcia
Level 2

Exclude leads that have downloaded a specific content download in the past.

Hi all,

I have been searching hi and low for a solution and haven't come across one yet. 

I am being asked to exclude leads from receiving an email that has downloaded specific content in the past. I tried creating a smart list to see if it would populate leads but I don't see rules for downloads or anything like that. I see that there is a clicked-linked or filled-out form. (For reference they must fill out a form to download a specific content. However, we use a master form for it all).

The content download is a PDF in our design studio under images, but that link doesn't appear in the dropdown for the "Clicked link" filter. Is there a different way to do this? Anything helps! Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Exclude leads that have downloaded a specific content download in the past.

In most cases, users add the UTMs on the URL to track the content downloads from specific campaigns, tactics, channels, etc. You can use the query parameters as constraints in the filled out form/clicked link/visited webpage to gauge the engagements coming from specific sources. Do you have UTMs appended to the URL that you could use in the filter constraints?

FYR, Sandy has documented an approach (using a tracked redirector page) on his blog to track the visits to the direct download links.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

In most cases, users add the UTMs on the URL to track the content downloads from specific campaigns, tactics, channels, etc. You can use the query parameters as constraints in the filled out form/clicked link/visited webpage to gauge the engagements coming from specific sources. Do you have UTMs appended to the URL that you could use in the filter constraints?

FYR, Sandy has documented an approach (using a tracked redirector page) on his blog to track the visits to the direct download links.

EllenSchwier
Level 4

Does the specific download belong to its own Marketo program? Can you use program membership to exclude these people?

What process did you set up for a person to get the right white paper after filling out the generic form?

Another option would be to use the Filled out Form filter with the referrer constraint for the specific pages where you used the form?

Just a few other ideas to consider.