Event Confirmation Email Dependent on Session Choice in Form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Event Confirmation Email Dependent on Session Choice in Form

We have an "Open House" style event coming up with morning and afternoon sessions. The Registration form allows invitees to choose which session they would like to attend. I want Marketo to then send a confirmation email and reminder emails specific to the session requested. I've already created the form with the new field and setup the selection drop-down list. I'm just not sure how to create the Smart List to look for the specific choice in the form.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Event Confirmation Email Dependent on Session Choice in Form

When the lead chooses a session, that value will be written to the corresponding field in their lead record.

So you create a Smart List that triggers on Filled Out Form = <form name>.  In the Flow, you could add a Send Email step and click Add Choice to send entirely different emails depending on the value of the field.  But it's more manageable to send just one email and customize the email via {{Lead.<field>}} token(s) embedded in the email subject/body.  Or of course there's email scripting as well if you need more customization of a single email based on send-time field values.