SOLVED

Error message you do not have Edit permission on Accounts when trying to merge Leads & Contacts

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error message you do not have Edit permission on Accounts when trying to merge Leads & Contacts

Hi together,

I still have an open support case at Marketo concerning the following problem:
I tried to merge a SFDC Lead and Contact within Marketo. I get the error message "You do not have the required permission. To continue, you must have the Edit permission on accounts".

I am also our Salesforce administrator. So I checked the permission of the Marketo user profile within Salesforce. The Marketo user does have the permission to edit and delete Leads, Accounts and Contacts. It does also have the permission to convert Leads.

Marketo support told me to look for apex triggers within Salesforce and I found out, that there is one for accounts. Unfortunately this trigger has been created by a former, external company we had for supporting us in administrating Salesforce and I do only have basic Salesforce administration skills and have not idea about Apex triggers.
Can anybody tell me whether this Apex trigger is the problem? Or how I can find this out?
Or did anybody else have the same problem and the solution was something completely different?

Best regards,
Katrin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Error message you do not have Edit permission on Accounts when trying to merge Leads & Contacts

To troubleshoot this, I would try to recreate in the SFDC user interface. Login to SFDC with the Marketo user account, convert the Lead into the specific Account, then try to merge the two Contacts. It may give you more detailed error messages. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error message you do not have Edit permission on Accounts when trying to merge Leads & Contacts

Do you use sharing rules in SFDC?
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

To troubleshoot this, I would try to recreate in the SFDC user interface. Login to SFDC with the Marketo user account, convert the Lead into the specific Account, then try to merge the two Contacts. It may give you more detailed error messages. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Jep. Sometimes solutions can be this easy. 🙂
I did like you told me and it took me only some seconds to recognize that there is a rule that demands a certain data quality score before a lead can be converted. And this lead was below that score.
I have no idea why I did not think about this before.