EP- stream cadence of 10 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

EP- stream cadence of 10 days

Hi,

We have a pretty simple engagement program of 3 emails, but we want the cadence to be every 10 days, not daily, weekly, or monthly.  Is there a way to have it run every 10 days?

Thanks,

Kristen

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: EP- stream cadence of 10 days

No, not really. Why does it have to be 10 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't really, but that was what was requested so I thought I would see if it's a possibility before pushing the client to a different time frame.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kristen Yanchak​ Any kind of irregular or strange cadences and I usually end up using a Default program with smart campaigns, as it is more flexible.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Kristen, every 10 days is a little bit more challenging, but you can have the cadence be every single day, and have a smart campaign that will pause a person after a send and unpause them 9 days later. They should then receive the next send on day 10. This also works nicely because if you have sends every Monday and someone is added on a Sunday then they will receive it the very next day, but if they're added after your send on a Monday then they won't receive the send until a week later on the following Monday. Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would each email have to be it's own stream then, or just add them to the program, pause program status, wait 9 days, change program status to normal etc.  Sorry, I'm new to Marketo and engagement programs (and am a 1 woman team with this).

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The second thing that you said: Add them to EP and after any of the emails listed in your EP are sent, change EP status to paused, wait 9 days, change EP status to normal, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As above, if you want this then use a regular nurture.  You can drag a nurture program into your stream if you want