Re: Engaging Your Internal Marketo User Community

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Engaging Your Internal Marketo User Community

What do you do to engage and motivate your internal Marketo users for your company? All ideas welcome.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay them a salary 😉

In all seriousness though, try to foster individual career paths. Do they want to get into content marketing and messaging? Make them responsible for campaign creation. A budding developer/SFDC admin? Challenge them with an integration or have them conduct a new feature education session for the team.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'm the primary Marketo user in our company, but I try to involve others by teaching them what they can accomplish using Marketo. Most of the time this is basic stuff like pulling reports, since the technical projects come my way. For some people, they see the value in MA and knowing how to use it, but other people are more interested in other things, so it doesn't really take off for them. 

Oh, and occasionally I try to get them excited by talking about how great the community is! 🙂 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree (and am in the same boat as Dory) - also, be sure to make a big deal out of their success (or the programs that have succeeded with some of their help). It's nice to feel like you've done something big and contributed to something successful. 🙂