Re: Engagement Stream Transition?

Paul_Su2
Level 3

Engagement Stream Transition?

Hi, I'm setting up a pretty simple engagement stream for now, my question is if I have two streams (lets call them Stream 1 & Stream 2) and in Stream 1 there are ~8 emails, of which each has its own unique individual link to some type of asset. I want to build the transition from Stream 1 to Stream 2 on if someone has clicked on at least 2 of the links (only counting unique click) in any combination over the 8 emails. What would be the best/most streamlined way to do that? 

I was thinking of creating a custom Marketo field that is a "Score" type field that would just look at members of the Engagement Program that are in Stream 1 and then if each unique time they click a link in say one of the 8 emails I add +1 to the score. So Transition Rule would be once that score value changes to 2 the lead would be moved to Stream 2. I believe that should work - or I'm sure there may be a easier solution for this. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

This actually sounds like it will work and also sounds pretty easy. I haven't thought of an easier way yet.

Just be careful that you don't instantly pull them over to Stream 2 if they aren't finished with all emails in Stream 1....unless that's what you want to happen.  So for example, if someone clicks on Emails 1 and 2 right at the start, they could immediately go to Stream 2 and not get the rest of Stream 1 content.

Paul_Su2
Level 3

I think we're ok with them not finishing all of Stream 1 to move on to Stream 2 - but yes if we wanted to wait I could add just add another filter in Transition Rules for Exhausted Stream 1 Content or something to that extent. 
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. Sounds like you're good to go!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

you could also just create a smart list that listens for those clicks, then add that list to a trigger campaign to manage the transition.