SOLVED

Engagement Stream Lead Time

Go to solution
DeniseG2
Level 2

Engagement Stream Lead Time

Could someone please remind me - how far in advance of the first cast do you need to set the Engagement Stream Cadence to get it to run? Note we are NOT using recipient time.

In other words, if it's 3:30pm on a Tuesday, can I set the first cast to 3:45 on that same Tuesday? Or does it need a longer lead time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Engagement Stream Lead Time

Hi @DeniseG2 

Best Practice wise - always ensure there is decent lead time before activating the first case.

But normally, I do not think that there is a lead time required when setting the First Cast. It would allow you to set the first case almost immediately

Hope this helps.

Floyd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @DeniseG2 

Best Practice wise - always ensure there is decent lead time before activating the first case.

But normally, I do not think that there is a lead time required when setting the First Cast. It would allow you to set the first case almost immediately

Hope this helps.

Floyd

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Hi @Floyd_Alvares2 - Thank you! Marketo Support advised that there a 15-minute lead time was required but they recommended a longer lead time. I also did some testing with trying to set the cadence for the current time or 1-2 minutes after and it doesn't let you set the cadence to immediately. I didn't take note of exactly how close in time it would let me set it because at least 15 minutes seems the safer practice.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @DeniseGreenberg 

Yes - definitely recommend a good lead time before launching any email program/ events/ engagement.

Floyd