SOLVED

Engagement: Same email twice, how?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement: Same email twice, how?

I would like to know how the new engagement programs determine it will not send the same piece of content twice. I have created a program for each PDF we have. The program contains a teaser email, a direct email, a delivery email and so on. If a request form is filled in (or steps after that) a lead achieves program success (=engaged with the content). I want to drag'n'drop these content item programs in to the new engagement programs. But will the engagement program look at the succes of the imported program or just a the actual email in it, regarding not sending duplicate items). This is important to me as there are multiple ways to achieve content item program success (not only via a teaser email).
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement: Same email twice, how?

Yep - for a program it's being a program member regardless of the status. Imagine your content is more like food in a restaurant. You're trying to avoid sending the same plate to a guest regardless if they enjoyed it or not.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add two types of content to your stream: Emails and Programs. The engagement program looks for different things to determine if the content has been sent to a lead before. 

For emails, the Engagement Program checks to see if a person has ever been sent that email before. For programs it checks to see if the lead is a member of the program.

In your case, you want to drag'n'drop the program itself to ensure that the lead does not go through it again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. So for a program it's being a program member, no matter what progression status (successfull or not).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - for a program it's being a program member regardless of the status. Imagine your content is more like food in a restaurant. You're trying to avoid sending the same plate to a guest regardless if they enjoyed it or not.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Atanasio,
     I have a follow-up question.  

First, the background.  We have a situation where we have set up nurturing assets as programs for the old traffic cop.  We had historical leads that had been through similar offers that we didn't want to get sent the nurture email. Because there were so many historical leads, we didn't want to add them as members to the program as that would create a huge cascade of SFDC calls because we had a SFDC campaign attached to the nurture asset program.  So, we had them in a smart list in the program and used a filter in the Send Email smart campaign so that they wouldn't get sent the email.

Now, the question.  If we pull that program into a new engagement program, we still have the Send Email smart campaign that we would use for the stream.    (Yes, we will add the member of Engagement Program filter to the Send Email smart campaign).   When a historic lead (not a member of the nurture asset program, but on the historically sent smart list) goes through this stream and hits this nurture program Send Email, will it get stuck at this email step because the lead is NOT a member of the nurture asset program?   We know that the email will NOT get sent for this lead because the Send Email smart campaign has the smart list excluded with a filter.   But I am worried that the stream evaluation will never get past this asset because the lead is not a member of the program.

Thoughts?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love the analogy of the food in the restaurant. Really sums it up well. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was helpful 🙂