Engagement programs when the start date/time changes constantly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement programs when the start date/time changes constantly

We have an engagement program for free trials. The way our approach works, we import the customer data via a list. We have a set cadence and a weekly email. 

Here is the challenge. Customers sign up for the trial on any given day, and we want to be able to put the users into the path the same day they sign up. So, we can't simply have the path go out every Monday or every Wednesday, etc. 

That said, is a regular engagement program the best approach here? Or should we be doing this some other way? 

Thanks,
David
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement programs when the start date/time changes constantly

Hi David,

There are a couple of ways:
  1. drop the lead into a Program that sends the first email, then adds to the Engagement to hit the weekly Cadence.
  2. drop the lead into Stream 1 that is every day at a certain time, but they'll still only get the email the next day in most cases.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement programs when the start date/time changes constantly

Thanks Josh. I really appreciate your help with this and my other recent post. I think option 2 will work well for us. But I need to understand how this plays out with our communication limits first. Can you advise?

Here's a sample cadence for the stream. We have communication limits set up for our instance such that a user gets 1 email per 7 days. So, if I set this cadence for the stream, and a user is added to the program on a Wednesday morning, does this mean they'll receive an email each week on Wed at 4pm? Likewise, if a user is added to the program on Thursday morning, they'll receive a weekly email on Thurs at 4pm? If the above is correct, then this should work for us, since, like I said, we set our communication limits to 1 per week.

On a related note, what would happen if the comm limit was 1 email per day, 2 emails per 7 day period? Would a user who is added to the program on Wed morning get emails 1 and 2 from the stream on Wed and Thurs at 4pm, then get emails 3 and 4 from the stream on the next Wed and Thurs at 4pm, and so on 'till they've exhausted the path? We're not planning to change our communication limits, but I'd like to understand the mechanics.

0EM50000000SdAt.jpg

Thanks again,
David