Engagement Programs How do I filter people from getting content they have already consumed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Programs How do I filter people from getting content they have already consumed?

I have an engagement stream launched with 8 emails promoting basic content (ebooks, blog articles, etc.) How do I add criteria to my engagement program to filter out people from getting content they have already consumed?

For example, if i send out an aquisition email promoting a piece of content and they download the content, I don't want them to get the nurtute email promoting that very same piece of content. 

Do I add a campaign to the stream? What is the best way to go about this? I would like to add simple criteria that say if they have already downloaded X content, skip email and move to the following week.

Erin

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Programs How do I filter people from getting content they have already consumed?

Hi Erin,

The best way to do this is to use programs in the stream.  If someone has downloaded content from your website, you need to add them to a program as a member of that program.  You then use that SAME program in your stream (of course setting it up with the appropriate smart campaign, etc.).  When the system evaluates whether or not to run them through the campaign, it will skip it, b/c the lead is already a member of the program.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Engagement Programs How do I filter people from getting content they have already consumed?

Hi Erin, similar to what Cheryl suggested, check out Edward Unthank's presentation at Summit... He reviews a concept of "exclusion status" within programs so that you don't necessarily need to use the exact same program for all of your engagement, but since the lead is a member of the program the content will be skipped.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! This is really helpful.