Re: Engagement program- Trigger email based on inactivity-Add streams or use a smart campain

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 2

Engagement program- Trigger email based on inactivity-Add streams or use a smart campain

Hello,

I'm trying to set a nurture program using the following logic:

If the lead doesn't open email 1 in past 10 days we resend the same email ( cloned version of email 1- named: 01b. Email.)

Currently I set it up adding and additional Stream-Stream 2 with "Transition Rule= Email is Delivered in past 10 days(trigger)" and "Not Opened Email in past 10 days" and is Member of Engagement Program is this program and is not in Stream 2.

Flow Steps-Add to Stream 2.

I also want to make sure they don't receive Email 2 unless they opened email 1 first, that's the reason I though using streams will allow them to flow to a stream right away and be removed from the first Stream.

Cadence for Stream 1 is every 10 days.

See attachment ( please ignore Stream 3)

Is this the right way to set it up?

Thanks,

Carla

Carla Cabaceira
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Re: Engagement program- Trigger email based on inactivity-Add streams or use a smart campain

Carla,

I would start using nested default programs in your stream rather than single emails. This gives you MUCH more flexibility on what to send and how to send it.

Within the nested program, create a smart campaign. In the flow step have a conditional email send flow step. If they haven't opened email 1, send email 1, if they have, send email 2.

Hope this helps

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 2

Thank you so much. I will do that

Carla Cabaceira
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

No problem! using programs rather than emails opens up so many other possibilities such as:

• Cadence changes (put wait steps in your flow actions so you can send emails out at different times)
  • better reporting. See which programs within a nurture are brining the most success.
  • do other things besides send out an email (ex. webhooks)

Carla, do you mind marking my response as "correct"? Thanks!

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Carla,

Ensure that when you are building complex engagement programs using nested programs that send out their own cadence of emails, you pause the record from the engagement stream. Else you may find that the record will receive the follow up email in the nested program but also receive the email in the next cadence.

It would look something like the following

Nested Program 1

> Pause from engagement stream

> Send Email 1

> Wait 10 days

> If done action on Email 1, Unpause

else Send Email 1 again

> Wait XY days

> Unpause

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Floyd