Re: Engagement Program Transitions - any 3 emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program Transitions - any 3 emails

Hi Community,
I have an engagement program set up to transition to the second stream when someone clicks on any 3 emails, and am already running into someone clicking the same email 3 or 4 times and getting moved to the second stream.  Any idea what triggers i would use to specify they need to click 3 SEPARATE emails to get moved streams?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Are you looking to get leads to click on at least one email from three to transition to the next stream?
Then the below should help.

Use All for your filters:
  • Member of Program X
  • in Stream X
  • clicks email is any
  • minumum of 1 click
The above should only affect members of your program who have clicked at least one link in any email and is a member of stream x, then in your flow transition to the next stream.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i have 7 emails in the first stream, and i want leads to click on at least 3 of those in order to transition to the second stream.  Right now i have  Clicks link in email, email is (list of my nurture emails) with constraint Min number of times is 3.  But if someone clicks on one email 3 times, they are getting moved to the second stream.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to narrow down which ones they might be clicking on? I'm thinking something like:
Trigger = clicked link in email 7
Filter = clicked link in email 1, 2 or 3
and
Filter = clicked link in email 4, 5 or 6

So they would have to meet the trigger criteria of clicking on email 7 + clicking on at least one email from the 1-2-3 set, + clicking on at least one email from the 4-5-6 set. Hard to say without knowing the content and the rest of the flow, but hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always based on a custom score field that 
adds 1 point for clicking an email and can only occur once every 24 hours (so you could assume they are only going to click on the email in the first 24 hours or any given time period)

OR

use the scoring field and and set up a smart campaign for each email that say clicks link in email 1 +1 point, (for each email)
where each smart campaign can only occur once.

and transition when that score field value changes to 3?

Let me know if that helps, it is kind of a round about way, but it would achieve your goal!

-Ryan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle - 

Did you ever come up with a good solution for your transition rule? 

Carrie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Carrie, no, unfortunately my only workaround is on the day of/day before my engagement cast sends, I check the leads that have moved to Late Stream and see if they actually are where they need to be (most cases they arent', i'm early in our nurture process), then move them back to Early Stream before the Nurture sends.  Not a huge deal as we're only talking 5-6 leads at a time but hopefully I can get a better process as we move forward and ramp up.

Michelle