SOLVED

Engagement Program to Enrich/Capture Data

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program to Enrich/Capture Data

Hi All,

We are still quite new to Marketo and planning to set up our first engagement program as a wide-spead campaign to all the "incomplete" data that we have.  We would like to basically know about 5 key things (first name, last name, job title, company, country, probably missing one..) so that we can then design specific engagement programs for our key audiences. I was thinking of  maybe setting this up with a few streams in an engagement program, where you are in stream 1 until we have your First/Last name, stream 2 for Job title and Company name etc. with loads of content emails to get form submissions to capture this.  I was wondering if anyone has done this before or if we are crazy to do it this way?  I am definitely planning to combine progressive profiling into this, but also want something long term.

Thanks,

Simon
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Engagement Program to Enrich/Capture Data

I'm sure everyone will have their own take on this, but I'd try a single stream with 5 different emails to everyone where you have incomplete data. It seems like a lot to build out (at least initially) for something where just a single form fillout could collect all of that information and then you could move on to the more important nurture development. I don't think that 5-6 fields is too much to ask of a person if they're interested in what you're offering. 

If for some reason you find that this isn't working, then maybe it would make sense to take the time to build something else out -- but at least this is a faster way to get up and running quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'm sure everyone will have their own take on this, but I'd try a single stream with 5 different emails to everyone where you have incomplete data. It seems like a lot to build out (at least initially) for something where just a single form fillout could collect all of that information and then you could move on to the more important nurture development. I don't think that 5-6 fields is too much to ask of a person if they're interested in what you're offering. 

If for some reason you find that this isn't working, then maybe it would make sense to take the time to build something else out -- but at least this is a faster way to get up and running quickly. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Dory and would extend this to include Progressive Profiling. Make this about them, and be less obvious about what you want.