Re: Engagement Program Help

Ed_Wilson
Level 1

Engagement Program Help

Hello,

I'm stuck trying to create my first engagement program in Marketo. Let me explain what our plan is.

When a person enters the program, we want them to receive an email a week for 6 weeks.

-The first email (week 1) goes to everyone who enters the engagement program.

-In week 2, we start getting if/then scenarios:

--If opened email from week 1, please deliver email A

--If not opened email from week 1, and product interest is X, send email B

--If not opened email from week 1, and product interest is Y, send email C

-In week 3, if opened any emails from week 2, send email D, if not opened any emails from week 2, send email E

The remaining weeks following the same type of if/then pattern.

My question is, how do I go about setting this up? Would it be just one stream, or multiple streams where each week is a new stream? I can't seem to grasp where I would set the rules to send the emails I want to the specific people I want to receive them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ed,

You can use sub-programs to create this type of logic.

BUT I urge you not to use "email open" events as a trigger. There are far too many false positives and false negatives on email open to make any sensible decision on these.

-Greg

Ed_Wilson
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response. Are you suggesting then one stream with 6 programs within the stream for each of the weeks?

As for the suggestion on not using "email open" as the trigger, I will certainly discuss that with our team.

-Ed

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Are you suggesting then one stream with 6 programs within the stream for each of the weeks

Yes, since in each sub program, you will use a smart campaign to send the emails, and in each smart campaign to can use flow choices to select which email you want to send.

-Greg