Re: Engagement Program: Exhausted Stream - Program Cadence

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program: Exhausted Stream - Program Cadence

I recently set up my company's first engagement program in Marketo and have a 2 part question around what happens with a lead when they exhaust the content in the stream in regards to their program cadence. 

Question # 1
When a lead reaches the end of a stream and is considered exhausted does the "Engagement Program Cadence" get set to "Paused" or are they still set to "Normal"?

Question # 2
If a lead is set to "Paused" after exhausting content in a given stream (which is how I currently have built my engagement program). Will they receive a new email when the new email is added to the stream? or do they need to be set back to Normal in order to receive the new content (which I hope to be the case)?

Thanks,
Kevin
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

For part  2 - pretty sure they need to be set back to normal to receive content. Paused leads don't run through the streams. One note - you shoudl check that if they are paused they are still counted in the "exhausted" count the program gives you - it may only be counting those who are in Normal status.

For Part 1 - I  think that when you become exhausted, you're still set as Normal. Pausing is something separate from exhausting.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Amy is correct.

Exhausted means they will receive the next Cast IF you add more content.

Paused is an explicit condition - you need to run the flow step Change Engagement Cadence = Paused to make this happen.