Engagement Engine Vs. Drip Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Engine Vs. Drip Campaign

I am in the process of setting up some new nurture campaigns that I want live in 2015. In the past, I have used both drip campaigns and engagement engine campaigns.

I am wondering what most people prefer. My challenge is that new prospects are coming in through a variety of different angles (10-15 pieces of content bringing in leads), so i want them to receive future emails based on the content they did NOT already download. In this respect, a regular drip campaign seems to make more sense for me. However, I also like how the engagement engine prevents prospects from receiving emails they have already received, and this doesn't seem possible through a normal wait and send drip campaign.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what they use?

Steve
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement Engine Vs. Drip Campaign

Generally your acquisition program content should be different from your nurture content (email) so you won't encounter this issue. Some people get around this by adding Programs to Engagements instead of emails.

Since the Engagement cannot know you sent someone the same email outside of the engagement, this is difficult to fix. There are many threads on this.

Usually it is better to run a Drip for very simple nurtures or for a sequence of emails with varying wait steps (cadences). Otherwise, use an Engagement.