SOLVED

Re: Engagement based on time passed

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement based on time passed

Hi!
We are setting up our first engagement program - a simple drip campaign. My goal is to send a monthly email 30 days after the lead is created, then at 60 days, 90 days, and 120 days.

I see that I can set the cadence so an email sends monthly after that, but it will always go out on the same day/time of the month. Using the engagement engine, is there a way to schedule it based on time passed, kind of like a wait step?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

An email sent outside of the engagement program would not be visible in the engagement dashboard. As I mentioned, given the scenario you are describing it would work best to use a default campaign. You can use the same logic in the default program where you exclude mailing content they have already downloaded if that is your concern. - Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Manisha,

You add a wait step of 30 days(or however long) in the flow part of the transition rule. In the smart list you will want to decide if you send based on the last email being delivered or not

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are better off using a default program if you are wanting to wait exactly 30 days after a date. You would use the date token wait step  and use the date plus 30 days. In the example below I do this with a trial start date plus 3 days. 

0EM50000000RUdD.jpg

BTW, Stephanie's suggestion is a great one if you insist on using the content streams but this would not be the intended use case. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both! Currently I have it set up so a campaign adds the person to the engagement program after 30 days, so my concern isn't really the wait step. My main concern is that if I set the cadence to be sent on the 1st of every month, but a lead is added to the program on the 2nd of the month, then they won't get their first nurture email for another month. 

I was also thinking that I can send the first email in the flow step of the same campaign that adds it to the engagement program at 30 days. If I did that, would the results of that email be included in the engagement dashboard? I want to be sure it's contributes to the overall engagement score, etc. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

An email sent outside of the engagement program would not be visible in the engagement dashboard. As I mentioned, given the scenario you are describing it would work best to use a default campaign. You can use the same logic in the default program where you exclude mailing content they have already downloaded if that is your concern. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. Thank you so much for your help!